So if you haven't read my other blog post, I've just started a 6-week keto experiment where I'll only be eating 15 grams of net carbs per day. Yikes! That means my carbs will only come from kale, spinach, broccoli, etc.
In preparation for my farewell to carbs for 6-weeks (and because I got invited to a taco party on Sunday, conveniently ;-) I decided to make fresh corn salsa.
While I abstain from corn for 6 weeks, you can enjoy it for me.
Fresh Corn Salsa
- 5 large ears of fresh corn, uncooked, kernels cut off with a large knife
- 2 jalapeño peppers, minced finely so they disappear
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced (corn kernel sized)
- 4-5 scallions, minced
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, minced
- 1 large lime, juiced
- Salt and black pepper to taste (I'm generous with both)
- A tiny spritz of red wine vinegar
- Olive oil to coat it all
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Toss well and taste to adjust salt, pepper, acidity (more lemon? more vinegar?) and oil.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours so flavors combine.
Enjoy with tacos, topping a salad, or a piece of fish.